Recipe by PSU Lioness
A sinful little delight for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day. 2-24 hour refrigeration time is not included in prep time.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (plus additional for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 cups boiling water
- aerosol whipped cream (for serving, if desired)
- 4 whole coffee beans (for garnish, if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place 4 small custard cups in a 3 quart rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- Start water so it is boiling when needed.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cocoa powder, sugar and coffee.
- Cook over low heat until the coffee and cocoa dissolve, stirring continuously to avoid scorching. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg product and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add hot milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour egg and milk mixture into custard cups.
- Carefully pour boiling water into the baking dish around the custard cups to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until set and a knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean.
- Remove baking dish from oven and remove custard cups from the baking dish.
- Let custard cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 2-24 hours. To serve, top each with a Tbsp of whipped cream and dust lightly with cocoa powder. Garnish each with a coffee bean.