Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious cake with crunchy topping is great for breakfast with a cup of coffee and also good for an afternoon snack.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 13X9 inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter; stir in remaining topping ingredients.
- Spread topping mixture over hot cake.
- Broil 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until topping is bubbly.
- Serve warm or cold.