Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
What is better than chocolate and coffee?! Yum! Posted by request! :)
- 354.88 ml graham crackers, crushed (I use 1 pkg)
- 78.07 ml cocoa
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, melted
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 226.79 g semisweet chocolate
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml whipping cream
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 19.71 ml instant coffee granules
- 9.85 ml vanilla
Flavored Whip Cream
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml powdered sugar
- 9.85 ml instant coffee granules
- chocolate curls
- chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Stir together graham crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs in one at a time on low speed until combined.
- Dissolve coffee granules with whipping cream.
- Melt chocolate with whipping cream on top of double boiler or in microwave. Be careful not to scorch. Cool slightly.
- Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese and blend well. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan. (I usually smack the pan down several times on the counter to get the air bubbles out.).
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until set. Do not overbake. Leave cake in oven and door ajar with heat turned off for 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven. Chill overnight.
- Flavored Whipping Cream:.
- Just before serving, dissolve coffee into whipping cream and whip. Add in powdered sugar after soft peaks form and beat until stiffer peaks form. Garnish cake with flavored whipping cream. You may also garnish with chocolate curls, chocolate covered coffee beans, etc. :).
This is awesome. Easy and subtle mixture of flavours. One thing (and this is not a complaint just an observation-indeed my own ignorance I am sure) but I assumed a 9" springform pan was the same size as a 9" pie plate so I ended up with double the amount of filling to what I needed so I now have to make another cheesecake...darn....so btw only cooked for about 35 minutes as a result.
Yum - I made this for fathers day at the request of my husband. We both reallly liked it - and so did our picky 7 year old! I had to bake for WAY longer than 1 hour. My oven runs cool some times, but not usually by that much. I finally pulled it when I started to smell the crust was over baking. the flavored whipped cream was a nice treat too! Thank you!
I went to go make this for the second time and realized :oops: that I had forgotten to post a review the first time! This was originally tagged for Went To Market Tag. What an amazing cheesecake -- the mocha flavor is mild, the chocolate is rich and decadent. Even my young children gobbled this up despite the mocha flavor. I used neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese) and light sour cream, everything else per the recipe instructions. My DD wishes she could give this 15 stars instead of just 5, and I have to agree with her. Thanks, SweetsLady!