Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the book, Caramel Knowledge
Make and share this Mocha Brownies With Cinnamon Cream-Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For Brownies:.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Set the mixture asied.
- Beat the eggs.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until the eggs are light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and coffee powder.
- Stir into the first mixture.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool, frost if you like, then cut into squares.
- For Frosting:.
- Cream together sugar and cream cheese.
- Add the milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- If too thin, firm up with additional confectioner's sugar.
- Frost the brownies after they're cool.
I agree with the other reviewers...the frosting really makes the brownie. The cinnamon cream cheese frosting nicely complements the chocolate flavor of the brownies. I frosted the brownies, cut them into squares, and then refrigerated overnight. Next time I will stir chocolate chips into the batter before baking to bump up the chocolate goodness. Thank you Recipe Junkie.
The frosting was REALLY delicious..but the brownies were kind of bland to me....**NEVERMIND..What you need to do is refrigerate overnight. That really does the trick and makes these really scrumptous!!
Awesome! This recipe was simple, but delicious. The brownies were good, but that frosting... wow! It is insanely good! If the brownies weren't done baking, there wouldn't have been any frosting left. My friend wanted to eat it with a spoon. Every time someone asked, "What's that stuff on top?" and I told them Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, they oooh'd and aaah'd, only to quiet down after taking a bite. I have big plans for that frosting! Thanks for such a great recipe!