Recipe by Kattari
These are rich brownies, and, all though they have instant coffee powder in them, taste nothing like coffee. I think it just enhances the chocolate taste. They're very moist and fudgey and everyone at my house loves them. They won't last long, so find a good hiding spot for them!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the butter, chocolate and instant coffee in a double boiler until the chocolate is almost all melted.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until the mixture is pale and thickened.
- Beat the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar.
- Beat in the salt and vanilla.
- Fold the flour into the rest of the mixture.
- Spread the brownie batter into a greased 8x8'' cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the centre of the brownies comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Melt the glaze ingredients in a double boiler until smooth and spread over brownies.
- Allow the glaze to cool before cutting the brownies (they can be a bit gooey, so I suggest putting cold water on your knife.).