Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
I love this meatless pie. It's an excellent meal for lunch by itself or serve it with a piece of grilled chicken or fish for a more substantial dinner.
Top Review by Marz
This recipe was AWESOME! Loved it to death! I thoought the crust was going to be too much...but it all worked out. I used 3 smaller potatoes (I think anything more than that would have been too much) and the crust came out crispy and golden. I made this and served it with baked fish. Yummy! Thanks for sharing made this for photo tag.
- 6 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 large potatoes, washed and shredded into very thin pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease bottom of 10-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, 1 cup cheddar cheese, butter, 1 teaspoons of the oregano and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into the pie plate and press firmly onto the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoons of oregano and salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture for about 7 minutes then spoon it into the pie pan and spread evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and the pie is bubbly.
- Serve hot.