Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Deliciously dark brownies thanks to the yummy use of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate. This recipe makes moist brownies with a crackly layer of delicious melted chocolate chips in place of frosting-- if you like dark chocolate this is the brownie for you!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (4 ounce) ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate candy bars
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 (11 1/2 ounce) packageghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 deg. Grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the 2 chocolate bars until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies set up. Do not overbake! Cool in pan on wire rack (while brownies are cooling, sift powdered sugar over the top if desired).
This sounds really good! I can't wait to try it!