1/1 Photo of Mixed Whole-Grain Breakfast (W/Gluten Free Option)
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Delicious Living. This is very versatile. I subbed chopped zucchini for the raisins and it turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat groats, rinsed (raw, not toasted)
- 2 tablespoons millet, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats or 3 tablespoons quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (or fav. chopped nuts)
- 1/4 cup raisins or 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- milk (optional) or yogurt (optional)
- honey, to taste (optional)
- 1If using quinoa, rinse with the other grains.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- 3Add rinsed buckwheat and millet, plus oats (or quinoa), apple, almonds, raisins or dates, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt. Stir.
- 4When simmering, cover and reduce heat to low.
- 5Cook 15 minutes, then turn off heat and let the pot sit, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in flaxseed and serve, topped with milk or yogurt, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Whole-Grain Breakfast (W/Gluten Free Option)
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.5
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 421.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 16.0 g