Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
It really doesn't get much easier than this. White balsamic vinegar is available at Trader Joe's. From Bon Appetit January 2006. Trader Joe's sells good quality imported Parmesan cheese, too!
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced finely
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces mixed greens (mesclun)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh imported parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted (pignoli)
- Toast the pine nuts and set aside to cool.
- In a small non-reactive bowl, mix the vinegar and garlic; whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixed greens and scallions in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
This is just a classic--a delicious combination of flavors that really highlights the toasted pine nuts! I added some sliced red pepper as I had some to finish up, but otherwise left well enough alone. Thanks for posting, CG! Made for Veg* Swap #19.
A nice easy salad that is easy to throw together. Definitely should use mesclun greens for this.