Recipe by Haversac
Cook and eat as an appetizer or serve with rice or noodles to make a main course!
- bamboo skewer, 8 inch as needed
- 1 lb top round beef or 1 lb beef flank steak, cut 1 x 5 inches and thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut 1 x 5 inches and thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder, cut 1 x 5 inches and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the skewers in water while you prepare the marinade.
- Combine the meats with the marinade ingredients in a zip lock bag and seal.
- Gently toss the meat with the marinade in the bag until coated evenly. Freeze.
- Combine the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, adjusting consistency with more water or peanut butter as needed, and adjusting seasoning as needed. Allow to cool, put into containers and freeze.
- Thaw all the meats and sauce.
- Once meat is workable, thread a piece of the marinated meat on each skewer.
- Grill or broil the skewered meat, cooking about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with the warm peanut sauce.