Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this for my dad, wanting to use a "lighter" recipe with less sugar, but without artificial sweetener. I think it turned out very good. I followed the directions under "cooked jams" from the Certo Light pectin crystals, using the recipe for strawberry jam as a guideline. Note that you want to end up with 6 cups of prepared fruit. This can be kept on the shelf for up to 6 months.
- In a large saucepan, mix the crushed strawberries, blueberries, and apples.
- Mix certo pectin crystals with 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- Mix this into the prepared fruit.
- Bring the fruit mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the rest of the sugar.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir and skim for 5 minutes to avoid floating fruit (I had nothing to skim, but I stirred for 5 minutes anyway).
- Ladle into steralized jars to 1/4 inch of rim.
- Seal and process.