Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not even close to a boring and salty can of peas and carrots, this is a wonderful and healthy fresh mix of veggies. Easy to prepare and cook, these go well with a variety of meats from pork loin to grilled chicken. I have even prepared them for a large Thanksgiving get together and they were a hit!!
- 1 large summer squash
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 ears corn (white or white or yellow corn mixed ears)
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt, taste
- pepper, taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Wash, halve lengthwise and then slice (about 1/4inch) the squash and zucchini.
- Cut the corn kernels off of the cob.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Peel the carrots and then slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Add all ingredients (EXCEPT GARLIC AND SALT/PEPPER) to large saute pan, stir to coat with spices and the olive oil. Cover and cook over medium low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, season to taste with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer.
A lovely summer veggie medley. Nice balance - I will add a red bell pepper for color and flavor next time. Used fresh parsley in place of the italian herbs. Made for Fall PAC, 2009. Thanks for sharing!