Rice Cooker Chicken, Wild Rice and Veggies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup lundberg wild rice (could use any whole grain rice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 2 bok choy, seperated into pieces
- Combine first 5 ingredients in rice cooker and turn on.
- Stir occassionally.
- Cook 30-40 minutes.
- Add green onion and bok choy towards the end of cook time to prevent overcooking.
- Rice package says 50 minutes cook time, but I just test the rice for tenderness.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum, this is a tasty and easy recipe for the rice cooker. I upped the cooked chicken to 1 lb and thought that worked out well. I put the scallions and bok choy in the cooker about 10-15 minutes before it was done and it came out perfectly. I added salt and pepper before serving and it was pretty flavorful. Thanks for posting! Wild rice can be hit or miss and this was a good meal.