1/4 Photos of Mixed Berry Pavlova
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is made with three berries: strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. It's a really good dessert. I got it from foodnetwork.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 extra large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream
- o 1 cup cold heavy cream
- o 1 tablespoon sugar
- o 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberry
- triple raspberry sauce
- o 1 half-pint fresh raspberry
- o 1/2 cup sugar
- o 1 cup seedless raspberry jam (12-ounce jar)
- o 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees F.
- 2Place a sheet of parchment paper on a sheet pan. Draw a 9-inch circle on the paper, using a 9-inch plate as a guide, then turn the paper over so the circle is on the reverse side. (This way you won't get a pencil mark on the meringue.)
- 3Place the egg whites and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat the egg whites on high speed until firm, about 1 minute. With the mixer still on high, slowly add the sugar and beat until it makes firm, shiny peaks, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove the bowl from the mixer, sift the cornstarch onto the beaten egg whites, add the vinegar and vanilla, and fold in lightly with a rubber spatula. Pile the meringue into the middle of the circle on the parchment paper and smooth it within the circle, making a rough disk. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Turn off the oven, keep the door closed, and allow the meringue to cool completely in the oven, about 1 hour. It will be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 5Invert the meringue disk onto a plate and spread the top completely with sweetened whipped cream. Combine the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in a bowl and toss with about 1/2 cup of raspberry sauce, or enough to coat the berries lightly. Spoon the berries carefully into the middle of the Pavlova, leaving a border of cream and meringue. Serve immediately in large scoops with extra raspberry sauce.
- 6Sweetened Whipped Cream:.
- 7Whip the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (you can also use a hand mixer). When it starts to thicken, add the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until firm. Don't overbeat!
- 8Yield: 1 cup
- 9Triple Raspberry Sauce:.
- 10Place the raspberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 4 minutes. Pour the cooked raspberries, the jam, and framboise into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until smooth. Chill.
- 11Yield: 2 cups.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Pavlova
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar