Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home - I added some garlic. A good recipe for summer squash. I have to admit that my DH likes this more than I do.....not one I would give 5 stars - maybe 3 for me. I prefer more of a creamy squash casserole, but I'm glad to keep it and make it for him. :)
- 4 cups summer squash, cubed (yellow, zucchini, pattypan and or or sunburst)
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pressed (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place squash and a small amount of water in a large saucepan; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
I used yellow squash and zucchini for this recipe. I really loved the flavor, but I must agree with your recipe intro that it's sort of dry and not as creamy as I'd like. I do think that's easy to remedy. I would add cheddar cheese, melted butter and some extra milk next time. Thanx for posting!