- 100 g Urad Dal (whole black beans)
- 100 g split yellow lentils (chana dal)
- 50 g garlic (sliced)
- 30 g ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and Drain the dal in a pressure cooker; add salt,chillies,Coriander powder,turmeric powder, ginger and half garlic with 3glasses water.
- Leave it on high for about 15 minutes, then slow down the flame for about 20 minutes. This simmering will help the dal thicken and cook properly.
- Heat oil in a wok and add garlic when garlic turn golden brown.then Add this steaming tadka to the dal and let it simmer for a while uncovered.
- serve with boiled rice,onion lime sald and pickle.