Recipe by Mona
I found this recipe on the side of a cake box.And its quickly become a family favorite.Easy to make and quick to be eaten.Our favorite combos are,french vanilla cake mix-pistachio pudding or lemon cake-lemon pudding-poppy seeds.Yummy without the frosting still warm.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
This is an excellent recipe. I used yellow cake mix with vanilla pudding and used milk instead of water (just because I always do that with cake mixes). I glazed it with just a powdered sugar glaze. Took it out of the oven about 10PM last night. I went to bed and left my husband and 3 teenage boys alone with the cake. There is about 3 inches of cake left this morning.
- 510.29 g cake mix (any flavor)
- 96.38 g package instant pudding mix, and pie filling mix
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a bundt, tube, or 9x13 cake pan. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except frosting to mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Until it passes the toothpick test.
- The touch test isn't always accurate on this cake.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes then invert onto cake plate.
- I leave the 9x13 in the pan.
- Let cool.
- Heat frosting in microwave till pourable.
- Drizzle over cake and let sit until frosting is set.