Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a popular sindhi dish served for breakfast and it sure was a hit at my home. I hope you like it too--served with fried potato cubes!
- 200 g vermicelli, broken into 1 inch pieces (sevai)
- 150 g sugar
- 400 ml water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- dried fruits, for garnishing
- Heat the ghee on a low flame in a wok and put the vermicelli into it, fry stirring continuously until golden brown.
- Add water and the vermicelli cook.
- When the water has been absorbed, add the sugar and stir gently, cook until the sugar has mixed in well.
- Remove from fire and garnish with dry fruits of your choice.
Would taste better if we use milk instead of water