Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from a lift-out in a New Idea Magazine. It is really easy to make and it is tasty too. This can be made up to 4 days ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, water and coffee in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir over heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Allow mixture to cool until warm.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Add a third of the chocolate mixture and mix well. Add remaining chocolate and eggs. Stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160ºc) for about 50 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand slice in pan for 10 minutes after cooking before turning out onto a wire rack to allow to cool.
- Serve slice dusted with extra cocoa and icing sugar.