Recipe by Barefootjen
This is my new favorite way of preparing eggplant. Super simple and very delicious. My DH doesnt like eggplant but he loves this!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Yummy and cheesey! Eggplant "haters" would never know that this is eggplant. (They'll know it's unfamiliar, but won't suspect eggplant). It's a great way to turn eggplant into comfort food. It's very easy ro make too. Thanx!
- 1 large eggplant (peeled and cubed)
- 1 large onion
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (crumbled)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, sause
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups cracker crumbs (I use Ritz)
Directions See How It's Made
- boil or steam eggplant until soft.
- Drain well and mash.
- In seperate bowl,mix next 4 ingredients, then add eggplant mixture.
- In a buttered casserole dish, beginning with crackers, layer eggplant and crackers, ending with crackers.
- Dot with butter on top.
- 350 oven 1 hour or until golden browned on top.