Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my new favorite way of preparing eggplant. Super simple and very delicious. My DH doesnt like eggplant but he loves this!
- 1 large eggplant (peeled and cubed)
- 1 large onion
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (crumbled)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, sause
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups cracker crumbs (I use Ritz)
- boil or steam eggplant until soft.
- Drain well and mash.
- In seperate bowl,mix next 4 ingredients, then add eggplant mixture.
- In a buttered casserole dish, beginning with crackers, layer eggplant and crackers, ending with crackers.
- Dot with butter on top.
- 350 oven 1 hour or until golden browned on top.
Yummy and cheesey! Eggplant "haters" would never know that this is eggplant. (They'll know it's unfamiliar, but won't suspect eggplant). It's a great way to turn eggplant into comfort food. It's very easy ro make too. Thanx!
A different way to use eggplant for me :) I cut the recipe in half and enjoyed it 3 times. Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef) event, spring 2012.