Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I normally use fresh shiitake for this, as this is a more delicate soup, but if you really wanted a meaty texture you could use rehydrated dried shiitake, as they are far chewier, just be sure to remove the stems.
- Place the water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spinach, mushrooms, scallions and tamari.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the vegetables soften , 3 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the hot soup mixture in a small bowl and add the miso, blending well.
- Stir the mixture back into the soup, add the tofu and simmer for 2 minutes, being careful not to boil.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings if needed, and serve hot.