Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely refreshing dish from recipe+
Make and share this Miso Fish With Snow Peas Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g fish fillets (firm white)
- 1⁄4 cup white miso (paste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon mirin (extra)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (g=freshly grated)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 100 g snow pea sprouts (rinsed)
- 1 carrot (medium cut into matchsticks)
- 1 red capsicum (medium thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 180C (170C fan forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place fish, in a single layer, on prepared tray.
- Combine miso paste, 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin, garlic, ginger and onion in a msall bowl and mix and then spread miso mixture on top of the fish and then bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked (this will depend on the thickness of your fish slices).
- Combine sprouts, carrot and capsicum in a medium bowl and add extra mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds to make salad.
- Serve fish with salad.
I had it in my head this was made with snow peas, not sprouts, so I bought the pods, then realised my mistake. I used them anyway, blanching them in boiling water for a minute then refreshing in cold before slicing them finely. I though miso was miso (until I googled the difference after dinner)-I have RED and it's apparently far stronger than white, I'd like to make this again using white!. I knew the dressing would be too sweet for our tastes using just the mirin so I added in 3 teaspoons of rice winee vinegar. Perfect! This is a great, simple recipe and I intend to make it again using the right miso.