reya doucette's Note:
A popular recipe from Hyderabad, India. I use smooth peanut butter in place of whole peanuts that have to be ground.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g green chilies
- 50 ml cooking oil
- 30 g tamarind pulp
- 100 g beaten yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For salan paste
- 1Deep fry green chilies in hot oil. Remove and keep aside.
- 2Grind together dessicated coconut, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and roasted onions and peanuts to make a fine paste.
- 3Reheat oil already used for frying chillies. Ensure that the paste does not stick to the pan. Fry the salan paste for 20 minutes, keep stirring it. Pour 15 ml of water at regular intervals.
- 4Add yoghurt and salt and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- 5Now add the tamarind pulp and 15 ml of water. Stir for 5 minutes until the gravy is of sauce consistency and ensure that it does not stick to the pan.
- 6Add the fried chilies to the hot gravy. Let the gravy come to a boil.
- 7Remove from heat and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- 8Serve hot with biryani/pulao/paratha.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mirchi Ka Salan - Chili Pepper Curry
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: