Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from Sunset Magazine. I made them this past weekend and they are the most moist and delicious muffins I've ever eaten. Low fat and healthy but don't let that put you off. :)
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml butter
- 295.73 ml shredded carrots
- 236.59 ml regular raisins (I like gold) or 236.59 ml gold raisins (I like gold)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Put sugar, butter, carrots, raisins, salt, spices and 1 1/3 cups water in a medium saucepan. Heat over high heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a boil. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Pour warm carrot mixture into dry ingredients. Stir to combine, but do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups. (I use cupcake paper holders in the muffin tin).
- Bake until browned and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool on a rack.