Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from Sunset Magazine. I made them this past weekend and they are the most moist and delicious muffins I've ever eaten. Low fat and healthy but don't let that put you off. :)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup regular raisins (I like gold) or 1 cup gold raisins (I like gold)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Put sugar, butter, carrots, raisins, salt, spices and 1 1/3 cups water in a medium saucepan. Heat over high heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a boil. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Pour warm carrot mixture into dry ingredients. Stir to combine, but do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups. (I use cupcake paper holders in the muffin tin).
- Bake until browned and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool on a rack.