Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
I've discovered a very fast and easy way to make garlic breadsticks for pasta dishes!
- 2 hot dog buns, split and separated
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add butter.
- While the butter is melting add garlic salt and garlic powder. Swirl the pan making sure that the bottom is coated with the butter/garlic mixture.
- Place buns white side down in the pan. Toast gently until golden brown. Turn over and toast the other sides.
- Serve breadsticks with pasta dishes or any dish you choose. To make more simply double or triple the recipe.
What a great way to use up those darn buns! We had a whole bunch leftover from the 4th of July. I simply spread low fat butter & garlic powder on the buns & toasted them. Hubby loved them! Thanks for sharing your great idea.
We always have extra hot dog buns after grilling out; this is a good way to put them to use. It was just as quick and easy as described. I think next time I make these, I may add in some Italian seasonings. Thank you, Harley, for a handy recipe!