Recipe by La Dilettante
I love this over cream cheese or Brie on a cracker, but it's great with roast turkey or pork as well. The color is beautiful---makes a nice holiday gift!
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1⁄3 cup orange rind, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly, and stir until the berries begin to pop. Careful---don't let it boil over!
- Continue cooking over medium heat until the cranberries are soft and the sauce has turned into a thick syrup, about 25 minutes, longer if necessary. The consistency should be that of a thick chowder.
- Let return to room temperature, spoon into jars, and chill until it has jelled.