Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Now that the swap is on, I am looking for strawberry recipes that are different. This one comes from "Cook's Quick From Scratch" cookbook. This is a simple layering of berries and minty sour cream.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar, extra for sprinkling
- 2 pints strawberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips (chiffonade)
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Whisk the sour cream and sugar together.
- Hull and slice the strawberries.
- Stir the cut mint leaves, which should look like thin strips, into the sour cream mixture.
- Divide half the strawberries into 4 dessert cups or parfait glasses and top each with a large spoonful of the sour cream mixture.
- Top each with the remaining strawberries and then the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with sugar to taste and garnish each serving with a mint leaf if desired.