Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Low fat, low calorie side dish. Attractive and very tasty. Keeps well for up to 1 week.
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients (except mint) in a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil, turn heat down ans simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Garnish with chopped mint just before serving.
This is a real easy and nice and tasty side dish. I couldn''t wait till tomorrow to have this. I made it for dinner and chilled it for a few hours and then enjoyed it with 2 slices of white bread. It''s really nice - very simple, quick, nutritious, simple and healthy too. I''ve saved some for tomorrow also:)!