Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice twist on the classic Mint Julep. I wish I had seen it before Derby day but hey it will taste good anyday.... just remember.... drink smart as this is VERY strong :-)
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- 1 tablespoon vanilla vodka
- 1 teaspoon clear creme de menthe
- 6 ice cubes
- Combine ingredients in a Martini shaker; cover, shake thoroughly until chilled.
- Strain into two chilled martini glasses and serve immediately.
The only way to describe this was 'wicked-good'. It was STRONG - stronger than I am normally used to, but all the alcoholic flavours merged together, and every sip made this drink smoother and finer. Garnish with some fresh mint for a pretty touch that adds a whiff of mint as well.
DH made this without the bourbon, just vodka. So good, used fresh mint out of the garden. Will be enjoying this a lot this summer