Recipe by Michelle Berteig
This recipe came from a newspaper (most likely the Los Angeles Times) many years ago, as the clipping is quite old! I've never made it, but it sounds good and is different from other posted recipes.
- 3 lbs sugar
- 1 gallon water
- 1 pint creme de menthe, topping
- 1⁄2 of a 6 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1⁄2 of a 6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water in large kettle and bring to boil.
- Add creme de menthe syrup, limeade and lemonade and bring to boil again.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- Serve in tall glasses with sprigs of mint, maraschino cherries and pineapple pieces, if desired.