Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Peppermint extract and chocolate chips -- both white and semisweet -- give this melt-in-your-mouth candy a familiar after-dinner-mint flavor.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- . Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper; set it aside. Melt the semisweet chips in a heatproof bowl set atop a pot of simmering water over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until smooth. Pour the chocolate onto the cookie sheet and spread it to about a 1/4-inch thickness with the back of a spoon.
- Using the same method, melt the white chocolate chips with the oil. Stir continuously until smooth. Add the peppermint extract and food coloring; stir well. Pour the mixture over the chocolate layer and spread to about a 1/8-inch thickness with the back of a spoon. Draw the tip of a butter knife through the layers to create swirls. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the bark from the pan. Peel off the waxed paper. Set the bark on a cutting board and cut it into 2 dozen bars with a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Great bark! A mother of one of my students brought in this bark and everyone aved over it. She told me the ingredients, but not the amounts and told me she's send me the recipe. I haven't received it yet, so decided to check Recipezaar to see if it was posted. This must be the exact one! I made it and it tastes just like hers! Thank you for posting. I followed the directions, but used the microwave to melt my chocolate. Will definitely make again. Thank you LMillerRN for posting!