Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My kids brought this recipe home from their after-school care program. They love having their own little casserole.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, saute the onions in melted butter over medium heat.
- Add in flour, stirring constantly to mix; gradually stir in milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Add in tuna, cheese, 1/2 cup of potato chips and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into 2 greased 8-oz.
- ramekins or baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with remaining potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.