These sound like a great idea for our office party! Recipe from Aaron McCargo, Jr from Big Daddy's House.
- 24 pre-made mini pie crusts
- oil, for pans
- 1 (12 ounce) can yams or 1 (12 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caramel sauce
Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the pre-made mini shells inside a greased 24-count mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl add the yams, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and caramel sauce. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer until well combined. Dollop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pie mixture into each shell. Bake until the custard sets, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese:.
- Add the cream cheese, cream, sugar and cinnamon to a large bowl. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese mixture until you reach a frosting consistency. Transfer the mixture to a disposable pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe a small amount of whipped cream cheese on each mini sweet potato pie. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
These are really pretty when they are done. The icing is delicious!!! The actual pie was good too. I put mine in little mini muffin cups and made home made pie crusts. The crust ended up a little thick for the pies, but the flavor was good. I would suggest making sure the pie crust you use is pretty thin so it doesn't overpower the sweet potato mixture flavor. Otherwise, I didn't change anything and they were fun to to just pop in your mouth!