Recipe by mailbelle
These sound like a great idea for our office party! Recipe from Aaron McCargo, Jr from Big Daddy's House.
Top Review by Leahcooks
These are really pretty when they are done. The icing is delicious!!! The actual pie was good too. I put mine in little mini muffin cups and made home made pie crusts. The crust ended up a little thick for the pies, but the flavor was good. I would suggest making sure the pie crust you use is pretty thin so it doesn't overpower the sweet potato mixture flavor. Otherwise, I didn't change anything and they were fun to to just pop in your mouth!
- 24 pre-made mini pie crusts
- oil, for pans
- 1 (12 ounce) can yams or 1 (12 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caramel sauce
Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the pre-made mini shells inside a greased 24-count mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl add the yams, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and caramel sauce. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer until well combined. Dollop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pie mixture into each shell. Bake until the custard sets, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese:.
- Add the cream cheese, cream, sugar and cinnamon to a large bowl. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese mixture until you reach a frosting consistency. Transfer the mixture to a disposable pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe a small amount of whipped cream cheese on each mini sweet potato pie. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.