Recipe by Gingerbear
You may want to make this recipe a little bigger since it only serves 2 unless you are like me and there is only 2 of you for the holidays. I cannot wait to make this recipe although I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes but this recipe may just change my mind. I bet this is one of those that makes your house smell great!
Top Review by LorenLou
Enjoyable, as it combines some ingredients that I love - raisins and coconut - but I thought it could have used just a little bit of sugar or Splenda. A nice recipe for 2 though.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or just until tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel sweet potato and place in bowl; mash.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp butter, raisins, orange peel, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 cup baking dish.
- Toss coconut with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.