Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
mini corn fritters for fussy people make a batch of these and freeze for eating later. Reheat them in the microwave, or pop in a 180°C oven for 8 minutes
- 30 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 200 g sweet corn, drained
- 2 small spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil (for frying)
- Put all the ingredients, except the oil, into a food processor and blend for 1 minute to make a batter.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large frying pan and drop in tablespoonfuls of the batter. Cook for 1 to 1½ minutes in batches of 5 until golden on the underside, then turn and cook for a further minute. Drain briefly on kitchen paper before serving.