Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
White chocolate chips create a melt-in-your-mouth liquid center in these cakes. All the cake ingredients, except the butter, should be chilled before use for best results.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free strawberry syrup
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup instant cappuccino mix, french vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant cappuccino mix, french vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 large strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then grease and line 12 cups of a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cappucino and cocoa; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix maragarine, milk and sugars until well blended.
- Add strawberry syrup and extracts, and whisk in egg substitute.
- Whisk in flour mixture, and beat until smooth.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin cups, then gently press 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips into the center of each. Chill in freezer while you prepare the frosting.
- Add strawberry syrup, vanilla and powdered sugar to Crisco. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in cappucino until well mixed.
- Add whipped cream, and continue to beat until thick and smooth. Chill in freezer while you bake the cakes.
- Bake cakes 20-25 minutes, until they rise and appear crusty. A toothpick inserted in the center should come away with a thick batter attached.
- Immediately remove cakes from pan and place on cooling rack. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Spread frosting over cakes, and garnish with half a strawberry.