Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found on Slice of Life's Facebook page, who credits http://www.bigmamashomekitchen.com/2010/10/mini-pineapple-upside-down-cakes.html
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, white sugar, and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and turn mixer back on for 2 minutes.
- In a smal sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir on low heat for one minute.
- Spoon layer of the warm brown sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin, then place a pineapple ring on top. Add a cherry in the middle of each pineapple. Pour cake mixture over to fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. If you are using regular muffin tins, you will need to cut dow the rings to fit or just use pineapple tidbits.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a wooden pick in the center of cakes comes out clean.
Absolutely delicious! It's a good thing this recipe makes just 6 mini cakes because we would eat them all! And we did!! It came out perfectly. When I flipped them onto a cooling rack I made sure a cookie sheet was underneath to catch all that brown sugar/butter syrup. Not because I didn't want a mess but because I wanted to redrip it over the cakes! Perfect! Don't forget to spray your pans before layering in the ingredients! ENJOY!
Wonderful individual cakes!!! I made this as written, using the jumbo pan, except we aren't big fans of maraschino cherries, so left them out. The cakes came out easily once I ran a knife around the outside, except most of the brown sugar stayed in the bottom, which worked out perfectly for my level of sweetness. Next time I would cut the butter and brown sugar in half, but that is my personal preference. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for New Kids On the Block Tag Game.