Recipe by Dawn
Impressive little appetizer for dinner parties,especially those with a Mexican theme. You can adjust the heat by using mild green chilies or jalapenos. Easy preparation if you buy the already made pie crusts, then the rest is just combining ingredients.
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausages or 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jalapenos or 1⁄2 cup mild green chili pepper (2 4.5 oz cans)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 ready-made pie crusts (2- 9 inch pie crusts per package, I use Pillsbury already made pie crusts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Set aside an ungreased muffin pan.
- Brown and drain sausage in medium skillet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cheese and chilies and stir in sausage.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs well and stir in salsa.
- Do not combine mixtures.
- Roll out pie crusts to a 12 inch round and use a biscuit cutter (3 1/2 inches) to cut out circles.
- You should have 22 rounds.
- Press each round into a muffin cup to form a crust.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbl.
- cheese and chili mixture into crust lined cup.
- Top with egg mixture (@1Tbl.) and divide egg mixture evenly among cups.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 14-18 minutes until filling is set.