Recipe by Coconut Palace
Tasty little meatloafs cooked in a muffin tin. Pesto gives it a unique flavor.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup bread cubes or 1 cup crouton
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun spices
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté bacon and onion until well browned and fat is rendered.
- In a bowl, add bread cubes and milk. Allow milk to absorb.
- To the bowl, add ground beef, pesto, eggs, and spices.
- When cooled a little, drain fat from bacon and onion by squeezing in paper towels. Add the bacon and onions to meat mixture.
- Mix meat mixture with wooden spoon until coarsely blended.
- Spoon into muffin tin, dividing evenly.
- Top each with a spoonful of ketchup.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Check with meat thermometer for doneness, about 160°.
- Release from muffin tin by running a butter knife around each, before removing from pan.