1/1 Photo of Mini-Meat Loaves Wrapped in Bacon
pink cook's Note:
I found this excellent recipe in Chris Jordan's Blog - (See notes from Chris) Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs (Chris uses 1 tablespoon cornstarch instead of the eggs due to allergies)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (Chris uses gluten free bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 12 slices bacon
- 1In a bowl, mix the meat with onion, garlic, ground black pepper, taco seasoning mix, ketchup, Worcestershire and beaten eggs.
- 2Add bread crumbs and mix well. (You will need to use your hands and knead it up well). Roll the meat into 12 mini-loaves that fit into your mini-loaves baking pan, (or use a shallow baking tray with a rack to drain the grease from the bacon).
- 3MY NOTE: I partially cooked the bacon slices separately in a skillet and drained all the excess of fat, (or add the bacon cut in pieces into the meat, if you prefer).
- 4Bake the mini loaves in a 350ºF. pre-heated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until they are well cooked from the center and bacon slices look crispy and attached around the loaves.
- 5Serve with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes, if like.
- 6Note: Chris says: "It is sort of like a tiny self contained bacon burger".
- 7And thanks to the reviewers for their good suggestions to improve this recipe.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini-Meat Loaves Wrapped in Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.9 g