Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
The leaves were falling and starting to curl and place themselves gently in the rain spouts. An abundance of complex problems had gotten the best of us today on this Saturday. Corn cribs endings needed to be put back up, as the new corn was harvested. Chain saws didn't turn on as we had hoped, and the door handle of the truck fell off in the inside of the truck. Not what you hoped to accomplish today, this Saturday, but still a day full of necessary problems. It was cool enough to start a fire, and as we ended the day, I had thought ahead to put some of these cute little (as buttons) potatoes on "time bake" so we came clomping in, tired and laughing from the day's stories. I had easily prepared these little beautites to go into the oven and mixed up the easy dressing the night before. We gathered for some good cheer, some laughs, beer, and a couple of potatoes in the gullet to replenish and statisfy as we sat around the wood stove, warm our bodies, feasted, and warmed our souls with good food.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
Oh yum, this is an awesome recipe. I used regular baked potatoes and added blue cheese dressing to the sour cream instead of blue cheese. I used recipe #335822 for the sour cream. I will be making this again!! Made for Kittencals Forum Holiday Appetizers and Sides Tag Game - (as we bring in the HOLIDAYS!)
- 20 small new potatoes (or salad potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (course ground)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat 350 degrees. (180 celcius).
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Toss with oil in ziploc baggie to coat.
- Dip potatoes in coarse salt to coat lightly.
- Spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream and blue cheese, mixing well.
- Cut a cross in the top of the potato, press gently with fingers to puff out and open the potato.
- Top with sour cream, blue cheese mixture. Garnish with chives, and serve Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Instead of putting chives on top of potatoes a little side dish with a chives with a spoon can also be used.
- Perfect for a informal dinner party to pop into your mouth.