Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
A great appetizer that's sure to do a disappearing act at your next gathering. Prep/cook estimate does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 18 cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak crosswise into 1/8" slices. Place in large plastic bag. Combine soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and garlic in cup; pour over steak. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Soak 18 6" wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain steak; discard marinade. Weave steak accordion-fashion onto skewers. Place on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 4 minutes. Turn skewers over; broil 4 minutes or until beef is barely pink in center.
- Place a cherry tomato on one end of each skewer. Serve warm or at room temperature.