Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Cookie Dough Fun Cookbook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon extract
- additional granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 -3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- For cookies, combine flour, 1 cup butter, whipping cream, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, lemon peel and lemon extract in medium bowl.
- Beat 2 to 3 minutes, scraping bowl often until well blended.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Wrap each portion in waxed paper; refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll each portion of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on well-floured surface.
- Cut dough with 1-1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Dip both sides of each cookie in additional granulated sugar.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Pierce with fork.
- Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until slightly puffed but not brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla in small bowl.
- Beat 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl often until smooth.
- Tint with food coloring, if desired.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon filling each on bottoms of half the cookies; top with remaining cookies.