Recipe by Elephant.Shoes
I'm currently doing a work out regime, my breakfast needed to consist of eggs, unlimited veggies and a starch, so I came up with this. It's alright, it seems to be missing something
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (3 whole eggs, whisked optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F, Grease/spray 12 muffin cups.
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a covered saucepan. reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and water is all absorbed. about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop and dice up all your veggies and place in a large mixing bowl along with spices and herbs. Add the cooked quinoa once its finished and mix together.
- Add egg whites to the mixture and mix together until combined and moist.
- spoon into muffin tins making sure they are all even and gently pack down.
- bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until tops and sides are golden brown. Remove from oven and run knife around edges to free frittatas from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- serve immediately or once cooled.
- I plan on freezing my left overs, hopefully it turns out :).