Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from the Jamie Oliver 30 minute meal collection, I tried them tonight for dessert and they went down famously! Try them with creme freche, double cream or custard, they're even good on their own with nothing at all! Real melt in the mouth stuff, try them and see!
- 6 (3 inch) tart shells
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 90 g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest of
- Roll out the ready made sweet pastry and cut out 6 circles to place into a greased mini tart tin.
- Mix together the frangipan by mixing the almonds, sugar, butter and egg together.
- Add the vanilla and orange zest and mis together thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry cases a teaspoon at a time, alternate this with a teaspoon of your favourite jam, for example 1 spoon mixture, 1 spoon jam, 1 spoon mixture, 1 spoon jam and so on until the cases are all full.
- Pop into a preheated over at 180/350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm!
Quick easy and great tasting treats. These are a no brainer. I served mine with clotted cream.