Mini Frangipan Delights
- Ready In:
- 3 inches pie pastry, tart shells x 6
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 90 g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- orange, zest of 1
- Roll out the ready made sweet pastry and cut out 6 circles to place into a greased mini tart tin.
- Mix together the frangipan by mixing the almonds, sugar, butter and egg together.
- Add the vanilla and orange zest and mis together thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry cases a teaspoon at a time, alternate this with a teaspoon of your favourite jam, for example 1 spoon mixture, 1 spoon jam, 1 spoon mixture, 1 spoon jam and so on until the cases are all full.
- Pop into a preheated over at 180/350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live and work at home with my soon to be wife Elaine and my 2 year old daughter Seran. Because of work I don't get to cook very often and Elaine does do it through the week most days but I have recently rediscovered the satisfaction from cooking a meal from scratch instead of using a jar or tin of sauce and also the health benefits! I joined here to try out my curry making skills and so far - AWESOME!