Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have made this recipe to take to several different functions and it has been a real hit every time - lots of raves and everyone wants the recipe! Don't let the spinach scare you - those who didn't realize it had spinach in it, tried it and loved it!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked & well drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 slices deli turkey (I use Oscar Mayer Deli Style Shaved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast)
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except turkey until well blended.
- FLATTEN turkey slices; place 1 slice in each of 24 miniature muffin pan cups.
- Fill each with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spinach mixture.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm.
- NOTE: After making these several times, I find it easier to lay out the 24 slices of turkey on a sheet of freezer paper, place 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spinach mixture in the center of each, gather the edges up to form a sack and then place it in the muffin cup.
I made a few amendments to this recipe in order to accommodate ingredients on hand. I used fresh spinach, garlic and herb cream cheese and deli-sliced ham. Due to the flavored cream cheese, I omitted the onion and garlic powders. I whirled all of the ingredients (except the ham) in my mini food processor before scooping it into the ham "shells". This application made it a bit more like a spinach dip, but still delicious. Hubby ate 5 of these before I could get them on a serving plate. LOL Thanks for the simple recipe with great flavor.