Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A jazzed-up appetizer.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (2 sheets)
- 12 slices havarti cheese (1-inch square, 1/4 inch thick) or 12 slices cheddar cheese (1-inch square, 1/4 inch thick)
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, steak sauce, salt, pepper, and green onion until blended.
- Hand-form meat into 12 patties, about 2 inches in diameter.
- In a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; cook burgers to medium, turning once; cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to a 10-inch square.
- Cut into 6 rectangles.
- Repeat with second puff pastry sheet.
- Place 1 burger in center of each puff pastry; top with a slice of cheese.
- Fold edges and twist on top.
- Place pastries on a nonstick cookie sheet; bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown; serve warm.