Recipe by TruckerBobS
Cream Cheese frosting, arguably the best part about carrot cake, is a key player in these miniature home style treats.
- 9 ounces yellow cake mix (1 pkg or 250 g)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (175 g)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F (180 C). Spray each well of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For cups, combine cake mix, allspice, egg and oil in Classic Batter Bowl; stir with Small Mix 'N Scraper until ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be very thick.) Grate carrots using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with grating blade. Stir 1/4 cup (175 mL) of the carrots into batter; set aside remaining carrots for garnish. Using Adjustable Measuring Spoon, divide batter evenly among wells about two-thirds full; bake 11-13 minutes or until cups feel firm to the touch.
- 2. Meanwhile, in clean Classic Batter Bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spoon cream cheese mixture into resealable plastic bag; secure bag and set aside.
- 3. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Press tops of cups with lightly floured Mini-Tart Shaper to make slight indentations. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan; cool 5 minutes. Trim corner of cream cheese-filled bag with Utility Knife; pipe filling evenly into cups. Garnish cups with chopped walnuts and reserved grated carrots, if desired.
- Cooks Tips: If desired, Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend can be substituted for the allspice.
- U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 tartlet): Calories 100, Total Fat 5g., Saturated fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 0 g.